Twitter

Monday, July 11, 2005

Brix

Got a call from the bibliochicas about going to a late showing of The Sisterhood of the traveling Pants. I know. I know. It was actually pretty good and probably as close as possible to the book. I can't imagine a guy stepping foot in a theatre showing the film, but I enjoyed it.

Anyway, we went to Brix for a drink beforehand. I had been doing the Dr. Miracle's Magical Leek Soup thing from French Women Don't Get Fat (see the Mel's entry), and was ready for some solid food.

I started with a prosecco. Very refreshing! I ended up getting the Moroccan Chicken because I had enjoyed it one of the last times I was there. It was good, but not as succulent as I remember it being. But still darn good, don't get me wrong. KW had eaten before we got there, so she opted out of dinner. N had the crab cakes and something else that I can't remember. She seemed to enjoy it.

I forgot that Brix can be quite the "scene." While we were waiting for KW, N and I were hanging out in the very intimate waiting area. The bar was packed with people (a lot of guys, actually). This was around 8pm on a Wednesday. The ladies and I had no problem sitting in the back area, where it is more quiet and subdued, but there was this other group of gals who wanted to wait to be seated in the front of the house -- where all the action seemed to be.

I don't mind all that sort of thing, as long as it doesn't get in the way of good food and good service (which it didn't). Our waitress was cool, and I've always had a great experience with the bartenders up front (when it's less of a scene).

EOD Bathroom Rating: Three and a half out of five flushes. Clean, trendy, but VERY RED and therefore difficult to see how you look in the mirror .

No comments: