Twitter

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

NYC -- Da Ciro Ristorante

So, the next night, we saw JP & MG again, as well as T-Bird and her man, T. We all got together at Da Ciro Ristorante, a place where T and T-Bird are frequent diners and are well-known. I started with a glass of prosecco, and almost everyone else has a yummy glass of red. Before we were seated, we nibbled on some olives that were beautifully arranged in bowls on the small bar. Then they brought out the famous foccacia robiola. Good God! Ridiculously good. I'm shaking my head with solemnity even as I type this.

Dinner was also excellent. I had the home made tagliolini con gamberetti -- pasta with shrimp, arugola, and tomatoes. Exactly what I was in the mood for. I've been jonesing for some arugola in my pasta since our trip to Italy this past summer. M had the veal special and loved it, too. the only other person's meal that I recall was T-Bird's. She ordered the whole fish special, and when the server brought it out, he actually "carved" it for her at the table!

That's the other thing, the servers were all very friendly and fun, but without being too much so. Finally, we finished with the tiramisu.

A fantastic evening!

No comments: