Twitter

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Cafe Opa

M and I were in NYC last week (more about that in the next entry) and on our way to pick up our dogs from the sitters, we stopped for breakfast at this little place in a strip mall called Cafe Opa. When we walked in, I didn't have particularly high expectations. Then an older man, who I assume is the owner, came over to seat us and was really kind and warm. We ordered the breakfast burrito with gyro meat, feta, eggs, etc., and it was excellent. The green chile on top, with a dask of tasziki sauce... mmmmm. I couldn't get over how good it was. We also had the french toast (called greek toast), and that was good, but not as good as the burrito.

When I googled Cafe Opa to find a link for this blog, I found two bad reviews for it on citysearch. I don't know if I'd go all the way out there to have dinner at Cafe Opa (I haven't been), but I would make the drive for that burrito.

E.O.D. Bathroom Rating: Nature didn't call.

No comments: